Wednesday 11 February 2015

Feeling Sorry for Myself

So after much discussion with work yesterday it was decided that I re-deliver all the parcels I failed to deliver yesterday after breaking my nose, so I did that today. Today's parcels were given to another courier to cover just so I could get myself back on my feet and find a spare pair of glasses being that I snapped my other pair in half.

I felt a right idiot yesterday especially as I fell over after just delivering a parcel going down a sloping drive. I put my arms out to break the fall but just continued past my arms. The first thing I yelled was 'OH BUM!!!!' as I saw my glasses in two halves. I then rolled on my back and was lyng in a position where my feet were higher then my head as it was a slope. I check to see I had all my teeth but I noticed my hand was all red, I also noted two people looking out their window's at me and doing eff all to help. Rolled back onto my front to get up but just saw pools of blood forming on the gravel which really did make me panic. I know I had cut my nose but didn't realise just how bad. I have no idea but I was trying to catch the blood (not that you can shove it back in can you but I had no tissue to hand). I scurried back to my car and ended up using my snood as a blood mopper or at least to catch it from turning my car into a blood bath. I looked like something out of a horror film as I had blood all down my face, all over my hands, all over my snood and it just wan't stopping. Felt like someone had left the tap on. I called my mother, who was home and not far from where I was to come and meet me with tape and tissues. An odd sounding request but I needed tape to put back together the two halves of glasses and tissues to catch all this friggin blood!!!

She came to my aid, bless her and also bought a damp flannel so I could at least remove the blood off my hands so that I could drive home. No one in that sodding street did anything to help me, they all just stood and watched. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORLD TODAY THAT NO ONE CARES!!!!

Got home, cleaned up some more and by this time the blood had started to scab. I decided to go straight to A&E at my local hospital which ironically is right behind my mother's house. She drove me there as I was shaking like a leaf but I was practically blind as my glasses have become two parts again. I walked in and even though I cannot see detail, I was fully aware all eyes were on me as my face looked like a now congealed blood bath. Spent 2.5 hrs in A&E, they even forgot I was there because they forgot where they told me to sit. Finally I was told they could not xray due to the swelling but they would clean me up and put sterastrips on my gaping holes. I had 3 in all but they didn't put any on the top one which was the deepest and on the bridge of my nose because it was really really painful.

So today I had to use my spare pair of glasses which are sunglasses, that coupled with my scarf I looked like a right bruiser and having to explain every time someone opened the door what had happened the previous day. OMG, I was shaking like a leaf the whole tour and not only had I grazed my knees yesterday but it appears I have strained my right wrist and ribs. When your young and you fall you bounce back but when your older it seems to hurt so much more!

Really really painful to wear my glasses but in order to see I have to grin and bare, plus painkillers are really not touching the pain at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment