Sunday 8 February 2015

Tis Saturday

Yay, the day has finally arrived in what is technically the last day of my working week. I look forward to Saturday's as I know the quicker I deliver my parcels the quicker I can get home and chillax (chill and relax for those who are not as lazy at writing than I am) for the rest of the weekend without any interruptions.

The day started quite late due to my other half waking me up at 5am to change the cars over. I normally allow myself a lie in till 8am on a Saturday as during the week I'm up at 7am and out the door 15 mins later depending on circumstances but today it just didn't happen. I'm the sort of girl that once woken, I cannot for the life of me get back to friggin sleep and as this was such an early start, I ended up cleaning the house till 8am. At 8am, I logged into my PDA, to see the parcels I have for the day. The ritual is to load the pda, write down said list off pda and sort a route in my head before re-writing it into my little route book which is an A5 spiral bound hard back pad where I note down postcode, type of parcel (24 or 48 Hr delivery) Address and finally parcel number/numbers. I never enter names on the pure principal that A) There is no room to write it and B) that if ever my car was broken into there would be no way to trace names to addresses.

I do not use a satnav as such things can be unreliable in areas where signal is crap and I have driven this area so long now I know all the roads and where they are on my route in my head. Yes, I have a memory for such data and said memory for remembering all conversation's I have ever had. I'm just good with details but ask me to remember a name and I'm a lost cause.

So route was written and sorted ready to start when the post came through the door with my ID to finally file my 2013-2014 Tax Return. Ok, so it's late but this is due to the tax office screwing something up which I had requested to cease back in 2009. Anyhoo...enough about me prattling on about that issue. Drove to my parent's house as this is where I get my parcels to be delivered as the van man used to drop the parcels so late in the day that my parent's address was the quickest on the van list.

I really was very dopey today and for the life of me could not get motivated but managed to heave myself from a cosy seat to get my gear on and head out the door. Nothing much happened today other than I tried to re-deliver a parcel to an address I tried yesterday but they were well into the throws of passion. What do you do???????????????? Do you knock or not??? This is the question that probed my mind as their wails got louder with each knock. In the end I did 3 knocks but just knew I was not going to get the answer and to finally get rid of the this parcel. OH MY LIFE, I was mortified and just could not wait to get out of that situation as soon as I could. I see many scary things in my life but hearing them go at it like a bull in a china shop was really not what one would assume as a decent cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment